Monday, May 19, 2014

Watercolor for Card Makers #2

I think this technique is soooooo cool! I stamped the Taylor Expressions Oops A Daisy, hand drew the stems and covered the daisies and stems with rubber cement and let it dry! Side note: Did you know you need to show and ID to buy rubber cement? I didn't! I guess you have to be 18 to buy it in Iowa. At twice that age and then some, it made me laugh! Anyway, once the glue was dry, I covered the background with watercolors (set from Hobby Lobby). I really don't like the hard lines that are around the edge of my background, I need some more practice with that. Once the background was dry, I rubbed off all the rubber cement. FYI--I did find that just using my fingers is better than an eraser. The eraser can rub off your watercolor if you go out of the lines. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylored Expressions Design Dangles

I am so very excited to share the earrings I created with the new Taylored Expression Designer Dangles Dies.  I have totally fallen for...