Sunday, September 25, 2011

Make It Monday #33: Frosted Images

Okay, I have to admit that I didn't think I would like this technique from Papertrey but I went back and watched the video again today and Lisa Johnson said she likes this technique best on Kraft or other light cardstock. And one of my favorite things is white ink on Kraft CS so I gave it a try.


I was nervous about not cleaning my stamp before going to my white ink pad so I took the time to clean the red off and I still had plenty of time to rub over the image. No problem and I still have a white ink pad ;-)

I know I didn't do any blazing new layout but I really love how the technique turned out on my cards. If you look close I used an impression plate to emboss the bottom half of the main card. And I then used my Scor Pal to make two fine lines above the embossed area.


Supplies: All PTI unless noted-Botanical Gardens, SU sizzlet butterfly die, Diamond Impression Plate, Scor pal, Snow white ink, SU inks- Eggplant Envy, Not Quite Navy, Ridinghood Red, Adhesive pearl.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Susan...I think using this stamp set and that particular sentiment really goes well together...gives it a nice soft effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. I agree, it's nicer on the kraft card stock. The technique loses something on pure white. This stamp set is very nice for sympathy cards also. The embossing has a subtle but nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful cards you made!! Love the clean and simple! Love the colours too!!!
    Bye Cornelie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply gorgeous! I love stamping on Kraft. It just looks great! Great idea to emboss the background. It gives it just that bit of extra. But further than that they don't need anything else but the lovely butterfly! Great job Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Taylored Expressions Design Dangles

I am so very excited to share the earrings I created with the new Taylored Expression Designer Dangles Dies.  I have totally fallen for...