Saturday, March 9, 2013

MFTGUESTDT0313 Guest Designer Contest

My Favorite Things is having a contest for a guest designer for next month's release.  To be a guest designer would be a dream come true! I love a challenge and a reason to stamp, the $200 in product would just be icing on the cake.  I love MFT, I haven't tried their past contest because I was afraid of uploading to Splitcoast Stampers.  I realize now how crazy that excuse was. It was so easy (in the past I had a lot of trouble with photo size but not anymore ;-) I have to say, having a sketch was so much fun! It allowed me more time to play with embellishments and colors. Check out all the details and festivities  at http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/


I used the Die-namics Plentiful Petals Die as my focal image. The flower has a lot of layers and I added ink to the edges of the petals to give them a little more dimension and texture. The Leaf-Filled Flourish is fresh out of the package for me and I love it! The die embosses veins on the petals, such a sweet little touch. The sentiment is from Thanks A Bunch stamp set and is stamped on the edge of the Textile Rectangle Frame Die (my favorite way to use that frame). And last I want to point out the Scallop Ribbon Border die that peaks out along the bottoms strip of green pattern paper (all PP from Crate Paper-On Trend). 

If you can't tell I LOVE dies and I especially love MFT dies because they cut so clean and all the extra paper pops out so nicely. I get frustrated with dies that don't cut all the way though or I have to work to get the paper out of the dies, but that doesn't happen with my MFT dies. I love them! Oh, and if you have been following the sneak peaks, you know my wallet is in big trouble Monday night (and if you haven't get over there! The link is above). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the new Poppy dies and stamp set, the Triple Scoop, and the new border dies. So excited for release night! Not very often that I say, "I can't wait for Monday!" ;-)

Hope you like my card and Have a GREAT weekend!

All Dies from MFT, Other Supplies not listed above- Dizzy Doily Die, Pearls unknown, CS from SU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylored Expressions Design Dangles

I am so very excited to share the earrings I created with the new Taylored Expression Designer Dangles Dies.  I have totally fallen for...